Fundamentals of Urine & Body Fluid Analysis,
Renowned for its clear writing style, organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, this reference covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal
Renowned for its clear writing style, organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, this reference covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal secretions, and other body fluids such as cerebrospinal, synovial, seminal, amniotic, pleural, pericardial, and peritoneal fluids. It covers all aspects of fluid analysis from basic factual information and essential techniques and procedures, to easy-to-grasp explanations of how data is correlated with the basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology to understand pathologic processes.
- More than 120 photomicrographs are pictured beside their textual explanations to ensure maximum comprehension and understanding.
- Extensive diagrams and tables throughout the text clarify concepts and reinforce content.
- Discussion of each body fluid includes the physiology of formation, its composition, diagnostic importance, and the clinical procedures frequently performed.
- Various pedagogical elements such as chapter outlines, learning objectives, key terms, case studies, and study questions reinforce the most important information in each chapter.
- The chapter on Quality Assurance and Safety (Chapter 2) focuses on the importance of following established lab protocols and guidelines in the clinical lab.
- A glossary of scientific terms appears in the back of the book for convenient reference to succinct, accurate definitions.
- A unique, new chapter on Analysis of Vaginal Secretions covering wet mount preparation, evaluation, and disease correlation.
- A urine sediment image glossary containing over 90 images that serves as a visual reference for identifying cells, crystals, casts, and other elements at the microscope. In addition, these images are almost exclusively of unstained sediment using Brightfield microscopy – the technique most frequently used in clinical laboratories.
- Case studies at the end of relevant chapters to assist in applying key concepts to real-life scenarios and test reader knowledge.
Edited by Dominik Irnich, MD, this clearly written and fully illustrated multi-contributor volume offers practical, comprehensive coverage of the subject area ranging from the late..More Info1e, and, Comprehensive, Diagnosis, Myofascial, Points:, Treatment, Triggeradd to cart
Medical and Health Science Statistics Made Easy provides health professionals and students with easy-to-understand explanations of key statistical techniques used in medical litera..More Infoand, Easy!, Health, Made, Medical, Science), Statistics)add to cart
This book provides a theoretical lens through which to view Disability. Rather than taking a medical-diagnostic stance, which has been the traditional perspective, the authors exp..More Infoand, Change, Disability, for, Principles, Professional, Rethinking, Series:, Social, Workadd to cart
Special Money-Saving package includes Taber s 21st Edition and NursingHealth Assessment, 2nd Edition with Free Student Workbook! Give your students more for than moneyand everythin..More Info+, +, 21st, 2nd, Assessment, Cyclopedic, Dictionary, DVD), Edition, Health, Medical, Nursing, of, Package, Taber's, Taber'sPlus, ThumbIndexed, Version)add to cart
This book is in prestine condition. The pages and binding are in tact beautifully. Shop from thousands of books in our Amazon store. St. Vincent DePaul is a non-profit charity ..More Info19, Cyclopedic, Dictionary, Edition, Illustrated, Medical, Taber'sadd to cart$20.00
The sixth edition of this best-selling text has been revised and updated to included current information on today's most important topics including, human immunodeficiency virus (H..More InfoCareers, for, Healthadd to cart