Fundamentals of Urine & Body Fluid Analysis,
Renowned for its clear writing style, organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, this reference covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal
Renowned for its clear writing style, organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, this reference covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal secretions, and other body fluids such as cerebrospinal, synovial, seminal, amniotic, pleural, pericardial, and peritoneal fluids. It covers all aspects of fluid analysis from basic factual information and essential techniques and procedures, to easy-to-grasp explanations of how data is correlated with the basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology to understand pathologic processes.
- More than 120 photomicrographs are pictured beside their textual explanations to ensure maximum comprehension and understanding.
- Extensive diagrams and tables throughout the text clarify concepts and reinforce content.
- Discussion of each body fluid includes the physiology of formation, its composition, diagnostic importance, and the clinical procedures frequently performed.
- Various pedagogical elements such as chapter outlines, learning objectives, key terms, case studies, and study questions reinforce the most important information in each chapter.
- The chapter on Quality Assurance and Safety (Chapter 2) focuses on the importance of following established lab protocols and guidelines in the clinical lab.
- A glossary of scientific terms appears in the back of the book for convenient reference to succinct, accurate definitions.
- A unique, new chapter on Analysis of Vaginal Secretions covering wet mount preparation, evaluation, and disease correlation.
- A urine sediment image glossary containing over 90 images that serves as a visual reference for identifying cells, crystals, casts, and other elements at the microscope. In addition, these images are almost exclusively of unstained sediment using Brightfield microscopy – the technique most frequently used in clinical laboratories.
- Case studies at the end of relevant chapters to assist in applying key concepts to real-life scenarios and test reader knowledge.
This introductory textbook explores the role of research in health care and focuses in particular on the importance of organizing and describing research data using basic statistic..More InfoAllied, and, for, Health, Nursing, Statistics)add to cart
Health Science Career Exploration is based on another book by the author, Introduction to Health Science Technology. It will introduce students to the health care industry and wi..More InfoCareer, Exploration, Health, Science)add to cart
#1, (Davis's, (Vol., +, +, +, +, ..., 2, 20th, 2nd, Cyclopedia, Deglin's, Dictionary, Drug, ed, for, Fundamentals, Guide, Medical, Nursing, of, Rnotes, Taber'sadd to cart
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) is a critical component of our nation's emergency and trauma care system, providing response and medical transport to millions of sick and injured ..More Infoat, Care, Crossroads, Emergency, Future, Medical, of, Services:, theadd to cart
Basic Mathematical Skills for Allied Health Careers provides readers with a solid mathematical foundation because it presents clear explanat..More InfoAllied, Careers, for, Health, Math, Skillsadd to cart
The book's informative, easy-to-read prose explains both essential and optional EMT-Intermediate skills so students clearly understand what will be expected of them as providers. ..More Info1985, Care, Curriculum, Emergency, for, Intermediate, Student, Workbook:add to cart