Fundamentals of Urine & Body Fluid Analysis,
Renowned for its clear writing style, organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, this reference covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal
Renowned for its clear writing style, organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, this reference covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal secretions, and other body fluids such as cerebrospinal, synovial, seminal, amniotic, pleural, pericardial, and peritoneal fluids. It covers all aspects of fluid analysis from basic factual information and essential techniques and procedures, to easy-to-grasp explanations of how data is correlated with the basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology to understand pathologic processes.
- More than 120 photomicrographs are pictured beside their textual explanations to ensure maximum comprehension and understanding.
- Extensive diagrams and tables throughout the text clarify concepts and reinforce content.
- Discussion of each body fluid includes the physiology of formation, its composition, diagnostic importance, and the clinical procedures frequently performed.
- Various pedagogical elements such as chapter outlines, learning objectives, key terms, case studies, and study questions reinforce the most important information in each chapter.
- The chapter on Quality Assurance and Safety (Chapter 2) focuses on the importance of following established lab protocols and guidelines in the clinical lab.
- A glossary of scientific terms appears in the back of the book for convenient reference to succinct, accurate definitions.
- A unique, new chapter on Analysis of Vaginal Secretions covering wet mount preparation, evaluation, and disease correlation.
- A urine sediment image glossary containing over 90 images that serves as a visual reference for identifying cells, crystals, casts, and other elements at the microscope. In addition, these images are almost exclusively of unstained sediment using Brightfield microscopy – the technique most frequently used in clinical laboratories.
- Case studies at the end of relevant chapters to assist in applying key concepts to real-life scenarios and test reader knowledge.
5th, Cyclopedic, Dictionary, Edition, Medical, Taber's, ThumbIndexed, Version)add to cart$4.00
Incredibly complete medical reference, with the assurance that no new words have been added in over 40 years. . . . . . . . . . . . . . doh!! PLUS----there are L-O-A-D-S of illust..More InfoCyclopedic, DICTIONARY10TH, Edition, Medical, Taber'sadd to cart$1.99
Educational : Electronic Health Records, Fourth Edition. ..More InfoEdition, Electronic, Fourth, Health, Recordsadd to cart
This text offers second-year medical students a case-based approach to learning mechanisms of renal disease. Each chapter covers a disease and begins with a patient case, followed..More InfoEssentials, Pathophysiology, Renal, theadd to cart
There is a growing interest in, and acceptance of, qualitative research approaches in the health science disciplines, both as standalone methodologies and integrated with quantitat..More Infoand, Health, in, Methodologies, Methods, Processes, Qualitative, Research, Sciences, theadd to cart
Experience Taber s 21! To thrive in the ever-changing world of health care, you need a respected, trusted, and cutting-edge, cyclopedic resource. In hand, online, or on a mobil..More InfoCyclopedic, Dictionary, Medical, Taber'sadd to cart