Fundamentals of Urine & Body Fluid Analysis,
Renowned for its clear writing style, organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, this reference covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal
Renowned for its clear writing style, organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, this reference covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal secretions, and other body fluids such as cerebrospinal, synovial, seminal, amniotic, pleural, pericardial, and peritoneal fluids. It covers all aspects of fluid analysis from basic factual information and essential techniques and procedures, to easy-to-grasp explanations of how data is correlated with the basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology to understand pathologic processes.
- More than 120 photomicrographs are pictured beside their textual explanations to ensure maximum comprehension and understanding.
- Extensive diagrams and tables throughout the text clarify concepts and reinforce content.
- Discussion of each body fluid includes the physiology of formation, its composition, diagnostic importance, and the clinical procedures frequently performed.
- Various pedagogical elements such as chapter outlines, learning objectives, key terms, case studies, and study questions reinforce the most important information in each chapter.
- The chapter on Quality Assurance and Safety (Chapter 2) focuses on the importance of following established lab protocols and guidelines in the clinical lab.
- A glossary of scientific terms appears in the back of the book for convenient reference to succinct, accurate definitions.
- A unique, new chapter on Analysis of Vaginal Secretions covering wet mount preparation, evaluation, and disease correlation.
- A urine sediment image glossary containing over 90 images that serves as a visual reference for identifying cells, crystals, casts, and other elements at the microscope. In addition, these images are almost exclusively of unstained sediment using Brightfield microscopy – the technique most frequently used in clinical laboratories.
- Case studies at the end of relevant chapters to assist in applying key concepts to real-life scenarios and test reader knowledge.
Understanding Carpal Tunnel Syndrome explains Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) with easy to understand text and beautiful labeled illustrationsIllustrations inclue : the carpal t..More InfoAnatomical, Carpal, Chart, Syndrome, Tunnel, Understandingadd to cart
add to cart$25.95
This new video series will take viewers through the soft skills required for personal development and career success. The key concepts and people issues covered include compassion..More Info#1, (No, Care, Career, Delmar's, Focusing, for, Health, on, Patient, Professionals, Success, theadd to cart
Interactive Case Studies in Health Communication allows students and faculty to explore real-life health communication behaviors through role-playing, interactive exercises, and ex..More InfoCase, Communication, Health, in, Interactive, Studiesadd to cart
a, Cyclopedic, Dictionary, Digest, Including, Medical, of, subjects, Taber'sadd to cart$98.87
A good resource to all concerned with Taber's have. ..More InfoCyclopedic, Dictionary, Medical, Taber'sadd to cart$12.00