Fundamentals of Urine & Body Fluid Analysis,
Renowned for its clear writing style, organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, this reference covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal
Renowned for its clear writing style, organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, this reference covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal secretions, and other body fluids such as cerebrospinal, synovial, seminal, amniotic, pleural, pericardial, and peritoneal fluids. It covers all aspects of fluid analysis from basic factual information and essential techniques and procedures, to easy-to-grasp explanations of how data is correlated with the basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology to understand pathologic processes.
- More than 120 photomicrographs are pictured beside their textual explanations to ensure maximum comprehension and understanding.
- Extensive diagrams and tables throughout the text clarify concepts and reinforce content.
- Discussion of each body fluid includes the physiology of formation, its composition, diagnostic importance, and the clinical procedures frequently performed.
- Various pedagogical elements such as chapter outlines, learning objectives, key terms, case studies, and study questions reinforce the most important information in each chapter.
- The chapter on Quality Assurance and Safety (Chapter 2) focuses on the importance of following established lab protocols and guidelines in the clinical lab.
- A glossary of scientific terms appears in the back of the book for convenient reference to succinct, accurate definitions.
- A unique, new chapter on Analysis of Vaginal Secretions covering wet mount preparation, evaluation, and disease correlation.
- A urine sediment image glossary containing over 90 images that serves as a visual reference for identifying cells, crystals, casts, and other elements at the microscope. In addition, these images are almost exclusively of unstained sediment using Brightfield microscopy – the technique most frequently used in clinical laboratories.
- Case studies at the end of relevant chapters to assist in applying key concepts to real-life scenarios and test reader knowledge.
"Profiles approximately 300 organizations that place health service volunteers. The focus is on direct action and how one safely and effectively engages in medical volunteering. ..More Infoa, Global, Guide, Health, Practical, Service, toadd to cart
add to cart$10.65
Psychiatric and Mental Health Essentials in Primary Care addresses key mental health concepts and strategies for time-pressured practitioners in various healthcare settings serving..More Infoand, Care, Essentials, Health, in, Mental, Primary, Psychiatricadd to cart
(272013), (Thumb, (twentysecond), 22nd, by, Cyclopedic, Dictionary, Edition, Index, Medical, Taber's, ThumbIndexed, unknown, Version)add to cart$41.15
a, Cyclopedic, Dictionary, Digest, Including, Medical, of, subjects, Taber'sadd to cart$97.07
Introducing the 100th Anniversary Edition of the world's leading medical dictionary! For 100 years, health care professionals have relied on DORLAND'S for its unmatched comprehensi..More InfoDictionary, Dorland's, Illustrated, Medical, Standard, Version)add to cart