Fundamentals of Urine & Body Fluid Analysis,
Renowned for its clear writing style, organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, this reference covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal
Renowned for its clear writing style, organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, this reference covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal secretions, and other body fluids such as cerebrospinal, synovial, seminal, amniotic, pleural, pericardial, and peritoneal fluids. It covers all aspects of fluid analysis from basic factual information and essential techniques and procedures, to easy-to-grasp explanations of how data is correlated with the basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology to understand pathologic processes.
- More than 120 photomicrographs are pictured beside their textual explanations to ensure maximum comprehension and understanding.
- Extensive diagrams and tables throughout the text clarify concepts and reinforce content.
- Discussion of each body fluid includes the physiology of formation, its composition, diagnostic importance, and the clinical procedures frequently performed.
- Various pedagogical elements such as chapter outlines, learning objectives, key terms, case studies, and study questions reinforce the most important information in each chapter.
- The chapter on Quality Assurance and Safety (Chapter 2) focuses on the importance of following established lab protocols and guidelines in the clinical lab.
- A glossary of scientific terms appears in the back of the book for convenient reference to succinct, accurate definitions.
- A unique, new chapter on Analysis of Vaginal Secretions covering wet mount preparation, evaluation, and disease correlation.
- A urine sediment image glossary containing over 90 images that serves as a visual reference for identifying cells, crystals, casts, and other elements at the microscope. In addition, these images are almost exclusively of unstained sediment using Brightfield microscopy – the technique most frequently used in clinical laboratories.
- Case studies at the end of relevant chapters to assist in applying key concepts to real-life scenarios and test reader knowledge.
Experience Taber s 21! To thrive in the ever-changing world of health care, you need a respected, trusted, and cutting-edge, cyclopedic resource. In hand, online, or on a mobil..More InfoCyclopedic, Dictionary, Medical, Taber'sadd to cart
Practical, on-the-job help for medical professionals who work with Spanish-speaking patientsThis compact, phrase-packed resource provides all the vocabulary medical professionals n..More Infofor, Medical, Professionals, Spanish, Workingadd to cart
This video/booklet package includes demonstrations of apparatus check-out, driving assessment course, pump operations, and proper care and use of the pump at the emergency scene. ..More Info1e, Booklet, Engineer!:, Pass, Videotapes, [VHS]add to cart
CD-ROM, in display case, featuring the electronic version of a Brandon-Hill Medical, Allied Health and Nursing list selection. Features include hundreds of full-color illustration..More Info(v., 2.0, CDROM), Dictionary, Electronic, Medical, Taber'sadd to cart
Get ready for some awesome new features and upgrades developed by Chris Taylor and the team at Gas Powered Games - The Infinite War Battle Pack for SUPREME COMMANDER 2 featuring a ..More Info2, Battle, Commander, DLC, Infinite, Pack, Supreme, War, [Download]add to cart
This is THE drug guide preferred by physician assistants, physical therapists, occupational therapists - and all health care professionals who need accurate, easily accessed ..More Info20092010, Drug, Guide, Health, Pearson, Professionalsadd to cart